Sunday, September 14, 2008

earnmoney62

31 Mar, 2008 No Comments
This is the answer set 3 of the questions people asked. I am trying my best to answer all the questions people are asking about online advertising and on how to make money online. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here.
“Klee Young” asked:
One of my sites, actually the first site I created, did well for given keywords. Then, during month 5, google seemed to have “sandboxed it” or penealized it (for lack of better terms.) It is nowhere to be found for keywords that it was once on page 1. And its not an isolated keyword but rather dozens.
I had the site backlinked by a supposedly reputable company. Im not sure if they did something wrong. I also made some significant changes to the homepage, including changing several of its meta keywords and meta description.
Thats all I can think that I changed. It just seems obvious that google began to distrust or dislike it. How can I find out why? How to correct it? Or, do I just wait it out, making more content. (It only has about 35 pages.)
There is no sure shot way to find what went wrong. If the search term was quite competitive and your site came up quite fast on the first page by building links faster than normal, then it is just the quick-link-building penalty. Just give it some time (may be few months) and keep building your links in natural ways (means not very quick) and it should be back up. And yes, more content is always better. Google like site with more pages of content.
“Harshads” asks:
I am using CJ for affiliate marketing.I want to know whether I need to pay for anything over there?Please also explain about CJ and how it works.Any tips would be appreciated.I am worried about it please reply as soon as possible.
No. You don’t need to pay anything to use CJ. CJ is an affiliate networks with thousands of listed advertisers with them. You can use any of these advertisers (after getting approved from them) on your website. When you make a sale or a lead to those advertisers through your website or links, you can get the percentage or fixed amount pre-decided by the advertiser. About the tips part, I would say, first think about the mindset of the people on your website. Do you think the person reached your website with a “buying mindset” or the “get information mindset”. Website with “buying mindset” traffic converts best. For example, website on “review XBOX games” would surely convert better than “XBOX games cheats”.
“klee” asked:
1) how do you manage your websites in terms of a business formation? Did you set up an LLC etc? Is there a strategy that you use or recommend in general. As people become successful using your methods, this will be a concern eventually. (I realize this is not a blog for business advice.)
2) is the threat of being “click bombed” legitimate and how can you safeguard yourself against it. Are your domains registered in different names etc. strategies to avoid having all of your sites discovered. Is it appropriate to divide your adsense into under different accounts? I have heard that google frowns on this, and can see computer or IP logins.
I have two sets of sites. The first set I manage myself and the other is managed by my company. I try to do as much automation as possible. Anything which can be automated (things like backup, verifying every hour that site is up and running etc.) should be automated. You should not spend any time on it. Also, find out what you are best at. Do the work which you are best at. For others find the best people to outsource. Remember, leverage is the key to growing your business. That also means, outsource.
Yes, the thread of “clickbombed” seems to be legitimate. I try to host my domains with various different (shared and dedicated) hosts to avoid getting simultaneous attention to all of my websites. My domains are registered with various names, for example, some domains are registered on my name which I manage, some are registered on my company name which my company manage and some on my wife’s name which she manages. If you have legitimate reason to have different Adsenes account (for example, myself, my wife and my company account), then its fine. But Google does not allow one person to have more than one account.
“learner” asked:
My question actually two iswill a minisite(<10pages) do better orone should go for a big website?
how to get quality traffic to your website?
Big website is always better than any mini-site assuming the quality of content is same.
“simon” asked:
I have one questionWhich websites do you use to get writers for your niche sites ?
I have a list of writers on my yahoo messenger list. If you want to get one, just contact me.
“Paid Surveys Reviewed” asked:
Wow, 16 people (your employees) is a big responsibility. Do you pay a regular wage or is it based on earnings?
Where are you based?
I pay regular wages. I am based in Pune city of India.
“jim” asked:
I’ve just spend a year playing around with blogs/blog networks and anyway to try make a few $’s the easy way.
But, my old handmade HTML pure content good keyword researched websites still bring in more money. Some of these are 3-4 years old, do you think it’s a good idea simply to add content to these older site and forget about trying to make the quick buck.
Never leave money on the table. Do both. Expand in new niches as well. Who knows which site of yours becomes monster in near future. But yes, pay more attention to your older sites. Old is gold in internet world as well.
“Richa” asked:
Can you give a comprehensive list of Google Adsense alternatives? I would like to know about every option available online for making money instead of Google Adsense.
You can see the list of adsense alternatives here. I strongly suggest kontera and adbrite. Remember, all of these google adsense alternatives are good, but none of them will come close to adsense as per earnings are concerned.
“Jenny Pretty” asked:
I have one wordpress blog, what do you think about what page should we place on the homepage? I meant, is it better to put the newest posts on the homepage? or is it better to place the page that includes all links on the homepage? when you set the number of posts on the main page, how many of posts is the best to put on the homepage? (5, or 10, or just 1).
If you are promoting it as a blog, its always good to have newest posts on the homepage. Put 5 if you don’t use to “more” wordpress tag, else use 10. But if you are not promoting a website as a blog (example: chemotherapy site), its better to have a static page as your homepage.
Ok. I think thats it for this set of questions and answers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them. Also don’t forget to subscribe to my RSS feed.
Subscribe RSS By Email:
Thank you

No comments: