Monday, September 15, 2008

earnmoney95

My last post love letter to AdSense shared some of the latest news to come out of AdSense regarding their referrals program - but there are more changes announced. Let me share them here:
All publishers may now participate in AdSense referrals regardless of their own location. Now you’ll only earn commission if those you refer come from North America, Latin America and Japan.The commission paid will be $100 when the publisher you refer makes $100 in their first 180 days (there is no more $5 or $250 payments and no more $2000 bonus)There have been some publishers who can’t see any referral earnings in their reports - this is a glitch and will be fixedPublishers using the ‘Google Pack’ referral program will only earn $1 per referral (previously it was $2) as of the third week of FebruaryPublishers using the Firefox referrals program to China will see reductions in payments (this won’t impact anyone you refer who is from outside of China).


Earlier in the week AdSense confirmed that they would no longer accept publishers into their AdSense referral system (the program where they earn commissions by recommending AdSense) that lived outside of North America, Latin America or Japan. I (and other bloggers) wrote expressing our disappointment and pointing out problems with this post.
Today AdSense have announced that they’ve re-thought their approach and will now allow all publishers to participate - but will only pay commissions based upon the location of the publishers that they refer.
While this will still mean a reduction in commissions for those referring AdSense new publishers - it seems a more logical decision to me.
As I previously wrote an open letter about my ‘broken heart’ over their last decision - I thought I’d send them another today.

Dearest AdSense,
When I wrote to you to tell you of the way that you broke my heart earlier in the week I must admit that I thought my cries of despair might fall on deaf ears and that you’d toss my note aside. I know how much correspondence from lovers (and ex-lovers) you must get.
Yet yesterday when you called to say that you got my note and that my declaration of love for you had caused you to rethink your decision…. my heart did leap with joy.
Today you’ve posted a note of your own - on your blog. You say that you’ve rethought your decision to end your affair with those of us who live outside of your backyard and that you’ll continue to accept (and reward) some of the gifts of traffic that we send to you.
Instead of rejecting the advances of lovers based upon their location - you’ll look at the quality of the gifts (traffic) that we send and make a call on whether we’ll be rewarded based upon that.
While I’m still sad to know that not all of my gifts are valuable in your eyes - this change of heart is one that makes a little more sense to me and I respect that you’ve been willing to rethink the relationship that we have.
With Valentines Day approaching hopefully our gifts to one another will continue to bring happiness to all.
Thank you
Darren RowseProBlogger.net
Image by Darwin Bell
Share This

No comments: